As mentioned in our Terms of Service, simbud.com is owned and operated by 9293-3092 Quebec Inc. (hereafter referred to as “PlanHub”).
- A Cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. It is a non-executable computer program that cannot carry viruses and install malware. It is used only to collect Usage Information. A Cookie may be a Session Cookie or a Persistent Cookie.
- Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are stored in your browser until you close your browser window – at which point the Session cookies are cleared.
- Persistent Cookies are used for repeat visitors and are kept in the user’s browser for a set period of time (usually a year or longer). These cookies are not cleared when the browser is closed. This type of cookie is used to recall user preferences so that every time a site is visited, the user’s preferred settings are automatically provided.
- Usage Information is information that is not personally identifiable to you that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others such as when you post anonymously on our blog’s comment section.
- Personal Information is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you with services within our Website. Personal Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us.
- Information collectively refers to Usage Information and Personal Information.
- Website means simbud.com and all its registered sub-domains.
- Visitor means an individual browsing our Website but one who does not sign up for any of the services on the Website.
2. Information we collect:
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website.
2.1. Information collected from a Visitor:
As a Visitor of our Website, you are not required to provide us with any Personal Information.
However, when you use our Website, through Cookies placed by our analytics partners such as Google Analytics, we collect certain Usage Information through the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. The Cookies used may be Session Cookies or Persistent Cookies and the information collected includes information such as:
- The length of your visit, website navigation paths as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your use of our Website;
- The type and version of browser or mobile device you are using;
- Your internet network provider;
- Your device’s operating system;
- The preferences you indicate during your visit to our Website– such as choice of language, province etc.;
- The website you entered from and where you are headed to from our site. However, we do not track your activity on any website you visit after your visit of our Website.
Certain Cookies are necessary for the use of the Website. These are usually Session Cookies and do not require your prior consent. Such Session Cookies will expire after you have left the homepage. Persistent Cookies and third-party cookies may require your prior consent to track the choices you made on the website and your preferences.
2.2. Information collected when you sign up for any of our products or services:
We do collect Personal Information when you sign up for any of our products or services such as our plan alerts or other services and newsletters. However, we only collect this information with your full knowledge and consent. As described in Section 4 hereunder, you have the right to retract your consent at any time.
The Personal Information we collect may include,
- Your contact details such as full name, email address etc.
- Your invoice and other usage details
- Any other information you deliberately provide to us.
3. How we use your information:
- Your Information helps us serve you better.
The Usage Information we collect from our Visitors allows us to study customer behaviours in order to better meet our customers’ needs and cater to your preferences, develop or improve our products and offers, or create new ones.
- Data aggregation.
The information we collect from you is always aggregated and never studied individually. The source of this usage data is Google Analytics, a widely used analytics platform that is used for the purpose of analyzing the Website and services. We retain the right to sell or share such aggregate data. Such aggregated data cannot be used to identify you personally.
Your Personal Information is used in other circumstances, as outlined below:
- To provide you with our products and services.
In terms of your Personal Information, we only collect what is strictly necessary in order to provide you with the products and services that you have requested.
- We do not sell your Personal Information.
We do not sell, license or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. All emails and phone numbers in our database comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- We retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary:
We retain your Personal Information only as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or for as long as required by law.
Subsequently, your Personal Information will be destroyed or “anonymized,” meaning that only basic statistical data that cannot be traced back to you will be retained.
4. Your Consent and Control over your Personal Information:
Your consent is paramount and we will never collect your Personal Information without your express or implied consent.
However, as far as possible and as reasonable, we will ask for your consent or inform you at each point of your interaction with the Website that results in the collection of Personal Information. This may be at two different points:
- When you sign up for any service on the Website such as to our plan alerts, take part in any survey or enter a contest on the Website and voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information, we will ask for your express consent or give you the option to opt out of any marketing emails from us or our survey or contest partners.
Even after you consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option in any email notification from us or our partners. You may also withdraw your consent by writing to us at [email protected].
5. Data Security:
To protect your Personal Information from data theft and prying eyes, we make sure that generally, we are the only ones who retain your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is kept in databases subject to strict monitoring procedures and protected by regularly updated security technology. Any affiliates that we work with, who may have access to your information are governed by confidentiality agreements limiting the use and dissemination of such information.
If, against our best efforts and outside of our control, there is a data breach that affects or has the potential to affect your Personal Information, in addition to doing everything in our power to reduce the extent of and to remedy the breach, we will inform you of the breach as soon as possible and where possible.
Although we work to ensure to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any Personal Information you share with us through our Website and cannot be responsible for the loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification of your Personal Information, unless it is the result of our gross negligence or wilful misconduct, unless otherwise provided by law.
6. Sharing of your Personal Information:
As a general rule, as stated in Section 3.4 above, we do not disclose your Personal Information for marketing purposes, without your express consent. However, there are circumstances under which we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may provide your Personal Information to affiliates that provide services to us in relation to our Website (i.e. payment processors, data processors, website hosting companies, etc.). Such affiliates will only receive the information necessary to provide their respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
If you provide us with any Personal Information in order to enter a survey or a contest we run on the Website, we may share such information with our survey or contest partners and they may contact you. However, as detailed in section 4.2 you have the option to withdraw your consent from such contest partners in order to no longer be contacted by them.
7. Legally Required Releases of Information:
As stated in Section 6 above, there may be circumstances when we may be legally required to disclose Personal Information. Examples of such circumstances include:
- emergencies in which your or other’s life, health, or safety may be at risk;
- disclosure is in your interest and you are unable to give consent in a timely manner;
- disclosure is required by law or to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or other court order or a body with jurisdiction to compel disclosure;
- disclosure is necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies;
- disclosure is necessary to investigate violations of or to otherwise enforce the Terms of Service of our Website;
- disclosure is necessary to collect any monies due to us or to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or others; and/or
- disclosure is necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of 9293-3092 Quebec Inc. (PlanHub), our users, employees, and affiliates.
8. Links to other websites:
9. You have access to all your Personal Information and have the right to rectify it
Upon the submission of a written request to [email protected] we will provide you with a list of the Personal Information in your file once we are able to confirm your identity in an appropriate manner.
This information will be provided in accordance with applicable laws, in a legible and understandable format, within a reasonable period of time, and at minimal or no cost.
If your Personal Information is not fully accurate, you may request to update it or make changes to it at any time.
11. Contact us.
If you have any further questions or feel that Simbud has not adhered to the principles set out in its Legal Terms, you may contact our Designated Privacy Officer (DPO), Guillaume Marcade, through post at 405 Ogilvy Avenue #101, Montréal, QC H3N 1M3 or by email at [email protected].
We will investigate all complaints relating to adherence to this Policy and take measures accordingly, including, if necessary, making changes to our Legal Terms, or practices. In all circumstances, you will be notified of the results of the investigation into your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the decision reached by PlanHub in response to your complaint, you can address your concerns to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 112 Kent Street, Place de Ville, Tower B, 3rd floor, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1H3.